|How to Unlock||Repay the debt|
|Hazards||Water, Poison, Electricity, Explosions, Crushing|
Wistful Wild is the final area that can be accessed in Pikmin 2; it is made available once the Hocotate Freight company's debt has been fully repaid. The design of this area is a combination of The Impact Site and The Final Trial from Pikmin. It contains three caves and five treasures above the surface which total 3205 Pokos, or 13295 including treasures found in caverns (13285 in the PAL version of the game). It is also a representation of Autumn. Contents of the region include two large lakes, one of which can be drained and the other a bridge built over; a clearing with three randomly-colored Burgeoning Spiderworts; and decorating it are rusted metal structures, tree stumps and Foxtails, and a half-visible yield sign where the Onions land (under the Blue Onion the "YIELD" on the sign is seen). As with all areas, different variations of music play while breaking down a gate, building a bridge, or approaching an enemy. It is one of the most dangerous areas in the game with dangerous enemies like the Gatling Groink that roams around and Orange Bulborbs that are in the way of treasure.
- Dwarf Red Bulborb × 5
- Swooping Snitchbug × 1
- Decorated Cannon Beetle × 2
- Hermit Crawmad × 1
- Fiery Blowhog × 2
- Watery Blowhog × 2
- Shearwig × 3 (× 9 after defeating Titan Dweevil)
- Armored Cannon Beetle Larva × 3
- Creeping Chrysanthemum × 3
- Withering Blowhog × 3
- Orange Bulborb × 2
- Gatling Groink × 1
- Cloaking Burrow-nit × 1
- Yellow Wollywog × 1
- Ujadani (appear in the pattern mentioned below)
- Every 30 days from Day 31, one can see some weird insects in this location called Ujadani. Appearing as swarms of very small orange bugs, they release poison occasionally if attacked, and have an extremely small amount of health; each one drops a blob of nectar or spray when killed. They are found in two locations: outside Dream Den, and by Hole of Heroes.
- While the area does look like a combination of The Impact Site and The Final Trial from the first Pikmin game, it is likely a completely different area, as the Impact Site is very far from The Final Trial when viewed on the stage selection screen in Pikmin.
- From a bird's-eye view, the traversable area looks like a motorcycle.
- It is possible for a Captain to get up onto the wall borders of the map via several enemies, including the Decorated Cannon Beetle and Watery Blowhog.
- If you look carefully in the area you land here, you can make out the letters "YIELD". The 1st 3 letters are under the blue onion, and LD can be made out even though tree shadings are covering some parts of the letters. The area where you land is also where you fight Emperor Bulblax in the first Pikmin game.
- The Dream Den is located in the same place that the Dolphin's engine was found in the first Pikmin game, and the landing area is the arena of Emperor Bulblax.
- The Wistful Wild is the only area in Pikmin 2 to not have an above-ground boss fight of any kind.
- The Wistful Wild was originally going to be called the Land of Promise. The italian name of this area, is "Terra di Promesse", a literal translation of Land of Promise.
- The Wistful Wild (theoretically) might be the only area to progress without collecting any treasure -except the first one- of some sort. Since you must pay off the dept to explore the area, you could go to the Emergence Cavern and retrieve snowy bulborbs to do this.
- All caves in this area end with a sublevel with at least some blue tiles. (Think of Tile Lands or Shower Room, the sublevels you see there have tiles in there.)
- Similar to how there is a meteor shower on the area map when you unlock The Final Trial in Pikmin, there is a meteor shower on the area map when you unlock the Wistful Wild.
- A video showing possible ways to explore areas:
Click on a location
|The Impact Site | The Forest of Hope | The Forest Navel | The Distant Spring | The Final Trial|
|Valley of Repose | Awakening Wood | Perplexing Pool | Wistful Wild|
|Tropical Wilds | Garden of Hope | Distant Tundra | Twilight River | Formidable Oak|