|Appears in|| Pikmin|
|Prima "Technical Name"||Whiskered Water Dumple|
|Scientific name||Ichthyosa felinis|
The Distant Spring
Valley of Repose
|Underground areas|| Frontier Cavern|
Citadel of Spiders
Cavern of Chaos
Hole of Heroes
|Challenge Mode levels||None|
|2-Player and Bingo Battle levels||None|
|Hit points|| ? in Pikmin|
200 in Pikmin 2
? in Pikmin 3
Water Dumples (ダンゴナマズ) are enemies in in every Pikmin game. They are members of the Grub-dog family, and act like Bulborbs (Most likely because they are close relatives of Grub-Dogs). They are most commonly found in the water, but can survive on land as well. They resemble blue fish with relatively large mouths. The Water Dumples in Pikmin move with more agility and are larger than their counterparts in Pikmin 2, but both can be defeated easily if Olimar and Louie are cautious and swarm them with their Pikmin. They also have "whiskers", much like real-life catfish. However, these are missing in Pikmin 2 and Pikmin 3, leaving them without a known method of determining their surroundings. Despite this, they still stalk your Pikmin when they are in the area.
"This aquatic creature is a close relative of the bulborb."
"A resident of freshwater pools and marshes, this aquatic creature regularly feeds on insects that land on the surface of the water. It shares a nearly identical skeletal structure with its close relative and terrestrial cousin, the bulborb. This may offer clues to its evolutionary origin and suggests that it only recently emigrated to an aquatic habitat."
"Deep-fry dumples without batter for all of the flavor with half the fat!"
Nintendo Player's Guide
"The swimming version of a Dwarf Bulborb has a large mouth and a big appetite. Since Water Dumples are blue, they blend in with the water. Squash them with blue Pikmin or draw them out of the water and hit them with purples. Beware they can spot you from a greater distance than other enemies can."
Water Dumples are similar to any other Bulborb. Simply swarm it and it should be down in seconds, with few or no deaths. If you are concered about deaths, throwing is an option, but will take much longer.
The same strategy from the first game still applies here. However, lobbing it with Purple Pikmin will cause it to go down in seconds.
Again, the simple strategy of swarming is still an option. With a large swarm, it will go down without a fight. If Rocks are an option, throw them at the Water Dumple to minimize deaths.
- According to Louie's notes on the Bumbling Snitchbug, Water Dumples lay eggs.
- Despite being the size of Dwarf Bulborbs, it can eat two Pikmin at once rather than one. They also cannot be "one-shotted" by Pikmin.
- Using an Action Replay to access a model test menu in Pikmin, the Water Dumple's code name is "namazu".
- They have "whiskers", much like real-life catfish. However, these are missing in Pikmin 2 and Pikmin 3, which means that they have no way of sight or have any sight-touch replacement anymore. Despite this, they still stalk your Pikmin when they are in the area.
- Their scientific name, Ichthyosa felinis, loosely translates to "Cat Fish."