|Appears in||Pikmin 2|
|Scientific name||Fenestari prismatus|
|Underground areas|| Frontier Cavern|
Hole of Heroes
|Challenge Mode levels||None|
|2-Player and Bingo Battle levels||None|
The only area above ground where they appear in is the Awakening Wood. One group is hidden in a Margaret near the Sunseed Berry, and another in a nearby Figwort (next to the bridge there); red and purple Spectralids do not appear above ground, and can only be found (along with more yellow Spectralids) in "rest sublevels" of certain caves. Usually when underground, Spectralids are found in clusters of twenty or more. These creatures are so delicate that, upon being petrified, they will fall down to the ground and crumble.
"When strolling through the forests of this planet, clouds of these creatures are seen dancing overhead. Like flower petals drifting in the breeze, the sight of flitterbies dancing in the lush green undergrowth is unforgettable. Flitterbie collectors drool over specimen sample boxes lined up in order, highlighting the slight color gradation changes from blue to red to yellow. Such items fetch particularly high prices at auction."
"Spectralids don't provide a lot of meat, but the exquisitely elegant wings are surprisingly tasty, particularly when expertly prepared with a sweet candied glaze."
Nintendo Player's Guide
"The butterflies offer more atmosphere than gameplay challenge. If you have the time, you may toss some Pikmin into a flock of the colorful creatures and collect their bodies for Pikmin sprouts, color-matched nectar or Pokos."
Throw Pikmin rapidly into the air in all directions in an attempt to knock them down, or spray a large group with an Ultra-bitter Spray when with a small number of Pikmin. The latter is only really worth it if red or purple colored Spectralids are present in the swarm.
- After both the Unmarked Spectralids and the three bulborb species have been added to the in-game Piklopedia, the Spectralids may be seen flying around Red, Orange, and Hairy Bulborbs.
- Unmarked Spectralids will occasionally land on idle Mamutas.
- In the Piklopedia, Unmarked Spectralids will push around Bulborbs, but will not wake them up.
- Unmarked Spectralids seem to be butterflies, but they are too small to be butterflies.
- Unmarked Spectralids do not appear in Pikmin 3, and they are replaced with Red Spectralids, Yellow Spectralids, and White Spectralids.
|Antenna Beetle | Female Sheargrub | Honeywisp | Iridescent Flint Beetle | Iridescent Glint Beetle | Mitite | Puffy Blowhog | Ravenous Whiskerpillar | Skitter Leaf | Swooping Snitchbug | Unmarked Spectralid | Withering Blowhog | Wogpole|