I'm not sure of that. I know that I was able to leave my Pikmin out and go in a cave when I did my no-death run, but that was always right after they brought a treasure to the base. Does anyone know for sure? I can't test it at the moment.--Prezintenden
- I just tried it, actually. Any Pikmin left idle when you enter a cave, no matter how far from the landing site they are, will return to their Onion safely. —Jimbo Jambo
Hang on, what? I thought the only place violet candypops disappeared was Emergence Cave. There are plenty of caves with violet candypops in them, and I visited those with a ship full of purples. —Jimbo Jambo
- I was going by what Miles claimed. I'll have to ask him.
[17:09] <Miles> 2 in Emergence Cave 2 [17:09] <Miles> 2 in Hole of Beasts 2 [17:09] <Miles> 1 in Frontier Cavern 1 [17:09] <Miles> 1 in Citadel of Spiders 2 [17:09] <Miles> 1 in Shower Room 2 [17:10] <Greenpickle> ? [17:10] <Greenpickle> Those are ones that disappear? [17:10] <Greenpickle> Wait, what? [17:10] <Greenpickle> '1 in Citadel of Spiders 2 ' [17:10] <Greenpickle> ? [17:11] <Miles> Unless I'm not remembering correctly, yes... >_> [17:12] <Greenpickle> But... [17:13] <Greenpickle> Why two numbers for each? [17:13] <Greenpickle> oh, sublevel? [17:13] <Miles> 1 candypop on Citadel of Spiders sublevel 2 [17:13] <Greenpickle> And the limit for all is 20, right? [17:13] <Miles> Yes. [17:14] <Miles> Also 20 for the WFG Ivory candypops...
- Okay, I've never noticed that. I think it's worth checking out.... Even still though, that's only five caves, which leaves six with candypops that don't disappear. —Jimbo Jambo
- Never said there were more...
- ...Yeah, it gets you the first time. Also, JJ, 'trying'? 'Everyone'? 'Leg'?
- ...What is?
- Er, the Miles thing is to show he said JJ was wrong, which I thought would end the argument. You don't believe Miles?
- I was wrong in thinking that Emergence Cave was the only place they disappeared in, but I'm still right in that the number of caves they do disappear in is a minority, which you all, far from disagreeing with, actually admitted. I'm kind of confused as to what everyone's reservations about editing the text are. —Jimbo Jambo
- Firstly, I wouldn't consider 5 in 14 a minority. Secondly, it already says that only 'some' diappear; how would you change it?
- Five is less than half of 14, which I'm sure you already know, making it a minority as opposed to a majority. Rather than listing caves in which candypops do not disappear, I think it should list caves in which they do disappear. If caves in which candypops disappear are the subject, then such caves should be used as the example. —Jimbo Jambo
- Why not just make the changes? I'm still not sure why it matters, but...just...