In Pikmin, the end of day cutscenes for each area always have the same enemies. These are the enemies shown for each area:
- The Impact Site: Red Bulborbs
- The Forest of Hope: Red Bulborbs
- The Forest Navel: Wollywogs/Wollyhops
- The Distant Spring: Shearwigs
- The Final Trial: Red Bulborbs
In Pikmin 2, the end of day mechanic differs as it randomly selects harmful enemies that can be found within the area. More enemies appear if more pikmin are left behind.
In Pikmin 3, the end of day cutscenes are similar to the ones in Pikmin. The enemies shown for each area are as follows:
- Tropical Wilds: Whiptongue Bulborb
- Garden of Hope: Red Bulborb
- Distant Tundra: Spotty Bulbear
- Twilight River: Orange Bulborb
- Formidable Oak: Red Bulborb
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Olimar's final smash is called "End Of Day". It shows Olimar jumping into his ship then rocketing off into space as night approaches. The stage below becomes infested with mature Bulborbs that deal heavy damage to foes; following this, the ship crashes and explodes, hurting and hurling all nearby enemies. Strangely, Pikmin will be left behind and are immune to the predators, but not to other players.
- In Pikmin 2, the Purple Pikmin and White Pikmin will enter the Hocotate Ship at sunset, but enemies register the Pikmin as on the field, so if the ship is in the attacking range of an enemy, they will attack the ship. This is most notable when a Bulbear is in the blast off cutscene since it has an infinite range.
- The music will get softer and more quiet when it's almost sunset