|Appears in|| Pikmin 2|
|Scientific name||Parastacoidea reptantia|
|Underground areas||Cavern of Chaos|
|Challenge Mode levels||None|
|2-Player and Bingo Battle levels||None|
|Seed worth||30 (Unobtainable)|
|Attacks|| Crushes Pikmin|
Causes boulders to fall
The Segmented Crawbster (ゴロムシ) is a boss in Pikmin 2. It is the boss of the Cavern of Chaos's final sublevel (10), which is located in the Wistful Wild. This is the only place where it is found. This crab-like creature has one large arm with blades on it and a vestigial left arm. It also has a rather thick shell protecting it. This creature rolls after the active Captain, occasionally crushing Pikmin with its hard shell. It may crash into a wall and cause rocks to fall. It will then struggle to get back up in an upright position, and while doing so, will expose its weak spot: its flashing underbelly. It will then get back up and swing its large arm around back and forth two or so times and continue its assault.
"This gigantic beast is wrapped in a hard shell. In an atypical evolution, the right front leg of this creature is hypertrophic, taking on the function of an arm, rather than a leg. Its asymmetric physical development is unique in the natural world. One unlucky explorer's incorrect conclusion that this creature adheres to a pattern of peaceful, quiet behavior led to an unfortunate incident. In fact, this beast exhibits intensely hostile, aggressive tendencies, aiming at prey and ramming them at full speed."
"Dessert meats are all the rage on Hocotate. When the planet's finest chefs hear about the kind of sorbets, pies, and parfaits you can make with the claw meat on this sweet beast, they'll clamor for every morsel we bring home!"
Nintendo Player's Guide
"Although the Segmented Crawbster is invincible when it's rolling, the beast will be vulnerable for a few seconds after it hits a wall and lands on its back. Steer it into the wall and be prepared to toss Pikmin at its belly after you dodge a few falling bouldings."
Note: The following part(s) of the article is a strategy (or strategies); therefore, it is highly subjective, meaning it may not work for everyone.
- Using Ultra-Spicy Spray is advisable since it makes the Pikmin very fast, making it easier to avoid the rolling, especially for Purple Pikmin. The spray effect lasts for about two assaults.
- Ultra-Bitter Spray can also be used to delay the end of the Pikmins' attacking time.
- The Segmented Crawbster cannot be brought to use its rolling attack in the Piklopedia.
- The Segmented Crawbster is the second rarest creature in the Pikmin series so far, the first being the Smoky Progg. That is because only one of it is ever found, and it is the only known member of its family (Creep-crab family). The Smoky Progg's family is unknown, which makes it rarer. Also, the Smoky Progg can only be found on certain days, while the Segmented Crawbster can be found any day you enter the cave.
- The Segmented Crawbster's Scientific name, Parastacoidea reptantia roughly translates to: crawling ???, rept in latin translates to crawled
- The Segmented Crawbster is the only regular boss enemy to not be found in the Pikmin 2 Challenge Mode.
- It is the only boss that Louie cannot be seen with.
- It is also one of the only bosses to appear in only one area in Pikmin 2, the other being the Titan Dweevil.
- Unused content reveals that the Segmented Crawbster's seed value was going to be 30 if its corpse could be salvaged.