Miyamoto stated in a Miiverse post that if you collect all 10 of these memos the numbers in them will comanate into a Secret Code. Once they are all collected, you can then go to a Wii U exclusive website (On the Wii U Internet browser only) and enter your code to watch one of five secret video exploration logs.
There are 2 Secret Memos per area. They are always found in the same place, but the ones you find in these places are randomized to form one of five codes.
One video log is not accesible yet via the Secret Memo codes and has not been officially released by Nintendo, and was found on Nintendo's website by analyzing the pages' source code in Safari. You can find it here and it features Louie.
- In a small pool in the area where the Calcified Crushblat can be found.
- Beside the holed stump that leads to the Medusal Slurker with the Juicy Gaggle.
- On the larger set of Elevator Platforms.
- Another can be found in the overturned tin can that a Peckish Aristocrab hides in on the path to the Quaggled Mireclops.
- Throw a captain onto the snow wall next to the landing site. This Memo is easily visible.
- In the cave you originally had to take to reach the Vehemoth Phosbat is a Bamboo Wall that requires Winged Pikmin to lift. In a structure in the area behind there is a Secret Memo. Be careful as a Bulbear and Dwarf Bulbears are present in this area.
- In the second river that is reached on the way to the Scornet Maestro is a stump with a Secret Memo on top of it. It originally has a pile of Fragments on it and requires a leader to be thrown over onto it.
- On a ledge near the three Orange Bulborbs, accessed by throwing a captain off the vine path to the Scornet Maestro's tree.
- In the spotcaps behind the Reinforced Wall at the beginning of the cave.
- In the area of the cave that you must light up, is a dirt mound near a group of Candypop Buds. Use Pikmin to dig out the Secret Memo.