|This is a mandatory ship part.|
|Max. Carriers||30 Pikmin|
|Location||The Forest of Hope|
The Sagittarius, is a part of the S.S. Dolphin appearing in Pikmin located in the Forest of Hope. It was a present given to Olimar by his son on Hocotate. It always reminds him of the memories of his son when he sees it; it also makes him wonder how worried his son is after Olimar's collision with a meteor. It is rumored that Olimar's son is named Sagittarius. It is possible that the Sagittarius and its twin, the Libra are some kind of star chart or some sort of navigational devices.
Collecting the part
Travel to The Forest of Hope and head out towards the large lake inhabited by Wogpoles. Two bridges need to be built, one surrounded by Sheargrubs and the other on an island. Blue Pikmin are usually needed to retrieve this part, however it is possible to use tactical throws to obtain the part with just Red or Yellow Pikmin. Throw them with a running start toward the small ledge on the right 'shore' of the island the Sagittarius is on, then run over to this ledge and call the Pikmin that should have landed in front of it. They should reach Olimar just before drowning, and can then be thrown to build the bridge. The similar working Swimming glitch also works.
"I've found my Sagittarius!
My son gave this to me as a present. It brings to mind vision of my son back home on Planet Hocotate. Oh, to be back there right now!"
"This was a gift from my son. He must be very worried about me..."
- Like the Libra, it is named after the Sagittarius constellation.
- In Greek Mythology, Sagittarius is the god of freedom, and the element of fire.
- The Sagittarius and the Libra are required to finish the game successfully.
- The Sagittarius is one of the parts that can be seen on the outside of the ship.
- It's exact function is unknown, but since it is a mandatory ship part, it must somehow be important for the Dolphin.
- The Sagittarius resembles the Essence of Despair from Pikmin 2. This is the same with the Libra
Click on a ship part