The S.S. Dolphin is the delivery ship that belongs to Captain Olimar in Pikmin. It is wrecked when it collides with a comet during a flight to a vacation spot. Thirty of its pieces were then scattered throughout the five areas of the Pikmin Planet. The first Pikmin game involves the collection of these parts using the Pikmin.
- The S.S. Dolphin's name is a reference to the GameCube's development codename, the Dolphin.
- The two lights on the front of the ship change colors with the amount of progress Olimar has made in repairing it. The lights are off when he first crashes at the Impact Site. They are red when the Forest of Hope is accessible, yellow when The Forest Navel is accessible, green for The Distant Spring, blue for The Final Trial and purple when the Secret Safe is returned.
- The S.S. Dolphin makes a cameo in Animal Crossing: City Folk as a piece of furniture distributed by Nintendo from July 20 to August 3 to celebrate the Apollo moon landing.
- Using an Action Replay to access a model test menu in Pikmin, the S.S. Dolphin's parts' code names are "rocpe".
- The more parts Olimar collects, the less curved the S.S. Dolphin's lift will be.
- The S.S. Dolphin makes an appearance in Animal Crossing: New Leaf as a fortune cookie prize.
- It is revealed in Pikmin 3 that Olimar and Louie were sent back to PNF-404 to search for more treasure so they could buy back the S.S. Dolphin.
Click on a ship part