The S.S. Dolphin is the delivery ship that belongs to Captain Olimar in Pikmin. It is wrecked when it collides with an asteroid during a flight to a vacation spot. Thirty of its pieces were then scattered throughout the five areas of the Pikmin Planet. The first Pikmin game involves the collection of these parts using the Pikmin.
Olimar mentions in one of the Data Files found in Pikmin 3 that he had plans to buy back the Dolphin once he had found enough treasure on the planet, grown very tired of the Hocotate Ship's sassiness.
- The S.S. Dolphin's name is a reference to the GameCube's development codename, the Dolphin.
- The two lights on the front of the ship change colors with the amount of progress Olimar has made in repairing it. The lights are off when he first crashes at the Impact Site. They are red when the Forest of Hope is accessible, yellow when The Forest Navel is accessible, green for The Distant Spring, blue for The Final Trial and purple when the Secret Safe is returned.
- The S.S. Dolphin makes a cameo in Animal Crossing: City Folk as a piece of furniture distributed by Nintendo from July 20 to August 3 to celebrate the Apollo moon landing.
- Using an Action Replay to access a model test menu in Pikmin, the S.S. Dolphin's parts' code names are "rocpe".
- The more parts Olimar collects, the less curved the S.S. Dolphin's lift will be.
- The S.S. Dolphin makes an appearance in Animal Crossing: New Leaf as a fortune cookie prize.
Click on a ship part