|Appears in|| |
|Areas|| Pikmin 3|
|Challenge Mode levels|| Pikmin 3|
Twilight River Remix
Silver Lake Remix
|2-Player and Bingo Battle levels|| Pikmin 3|
The Calcified Crushblat is a very unusual enemy in Pikmin 3. It resembles a bulbous, frog-like creature that stands on tall, bird-like legs. It is capable of covering itself in a crystal-like shell for defence. Rock Pikmin or Bomb Rocks are needed to destroy its armour. It attacks by jumping on Pikmin to crush them. The creature only appears once in Story mode, residing in the Tropical Wilds. The Calcified Crushblat sits motionlessly on the ground with its legs retracted, resembling nothing more than a crystaline rock on the ground. However, as the player approaches, it will begin to visibly breath heavily, get up, and walk around. It will not actively attack Pikmin or players, but if they walk underneath it, it will not hesitate to jump on them and crush them.
To some this enemy may count as a mini-boss.
Pikmin 3 Prima Guide
"The Calcified Crushblat is a large amphibious creature. This well-armored enemy attacks by leading into the air and crushing its victims.
When you encounter a Calcified Crushblat, toss Rock Pikmin at the creature's armor to expose the soft flesh beneath it. Once its armor is destroyed, this enemy inflates its body to knock back any attackers. Since the Calcified Crushblat tends to stick close to water, your Blue Pikmin are well suited to survivethese knock-back attacks. Unlike the Rock Pikmin, however, your Blue Pikmin are vulnerable to the creature's crushing attacks.
Throw your Blue Pikmin onto the creature's exposed flesh, and recall any Pikmin that are knocked to the ground. As you continue to battle, keep your squad clear of the Calcified Crushblat's attacks."
As the calcified layer of this creature is very hard, one must use either Rock Pikmin or Bomb Rocks. Because Rock Pikmin tend to only break away small portions, it is recommended to use Bomb Rocks whenever possible, as they will blow away a portion of the armour and expose the creature within to attack.
Once crystal is destroyed, simply throw Pikmin on its exposed body. Once defeated, its entire crystaline casing will shatter and it will fall dead onto the ground. It is advised that only a small portion of the armour is removed, as it will be able to run faster as more armour is taken off of it.
Before the armour is removed, it will do more damage to Leaders when it sits down and squash all non-Rock Pikmin. After the armour is removed, it does almost half the damage to players, but its body stretches outwards and knocks over Leaders and Pikmin; however, it is now completely incapable of crushing any Pikmin.
Another possible strategy is to simply swarm its feet until it dies; however this is dangerous as it can easily crush the Pikmin. A very effective way is to use this strategy is by using Winged Pikmin as they can easily swarm its under-section and are usually shaken away the moment it tries to squash them, this is a very useful time-saving strategy on Mission Mode Defeat The Enemies stage 4 as you can get the Winged Pikmin to defeat the Calcified Crushblat without having to keep watch over the Winged Pikmin.
- In reality, calcification usually takes around 3–4 years to take place.
- The Crushblat's appearance when its armour is taken off somewhat resembles the Large-Mouth Wollywog from Pikmin Adventure.
- Interestingly, the Crushblat's head still expands and retracts after its death.
- It is possible that Calcified Crushblats are in the same family or order as the Amphituber family, due to its amphibian appearance and method of attack.
- It is also possible that the Calcified Crushblat is in the Mawdad family, since they have the same pattern on their back and similar eyes. A big difference is they have different coloring, the Crushblat being a dull purple and the Armored Mawdad being deep blue.
- The Calcified Crushblat is the third creature, and only non-boss enemy in Pikmin 3 that requires Rock Pikmin to expose its weak point. The others being the Armored Mawdad and the Quaggled Mireclops. However, it can be defeated without them with the use of Bomb Rocks or by swarming at its legs.
- Calcified Crushblat will respawn after killed, but they don't respawn with their calcification unless a certain number of days have passed
- When viewed from behind glass or a similar surface, its armor is invisible.