In Pikmin 2, they are much larger and cannot be carried by Yellow Pikmin, but can be detonated by attacking them or by coming over to where it falls. In certain dungeons, you can trick nearby Emperor Bulblaxes into swallowing them, which will stun the beast and deal considerable damage. They are also produced by Careening Dirigibugs. Volatile Dweevils carry bomb rocks on their backs, presumably for protection, even though they themselves are killed in the blast. Never throw Purple Pikmin onto a bomb rock, as that can cause near-instant detonation. Bomb rocks can even be petrified, so do that if you are in a pinch, but keep in mind that they will not release nectar or spray like many beasts do if killed in that state. In the 2-player battle stage, Hostile Territory, bomb rocks can be picked up and thrown by your captain, which you can use to defeat enemies, or deal a serious blow to your opponent's Pikmin count. To perform this run into a bomb rock and then press A again to throw it, or B to drop it.
Instant explosionEditBomb Rocks will explode with a shorter fuse when a Purple Pikmin is thrown directly onto them: be warned, though, that the Pikmin is more than likely to die. Using a one-hit kill code from game-enhancing devices like Action Replay will also cause the bomb-rock to explode instantly, as its health is instantly diminished.
In places where a Bomb Rock falls near Mitite, such as the sixth sublevel of Bulblax Kingdom, there is a chance of it being launched back into the air if it lands on one, landing somewhere else on the level.
Bomb-rock Locations in PikminEdit
- The Impact Site: Inside the box that the Pikmin have to push.
- The Forest of Hope: In a tin can, near the great plain with Red Bulborbs, in another one near the place where the Yellow Onion is originally found. The last can is in the place where the Nova Blaster is found. On the first day the area is visited, some are found out of the cans, such as in front of the wall closing in between the Yellow Onion and the Whimsical Radar.
- The Forest Navel: In a pipe, near the pool where the Number 1 Ionium Jet is found. There's another one next to the place the Gravity Jumper lies.
- The Distant Spring: In a giant skull, inside a hollow tree stump guarded by a Spotty Bulbear and in the beach where the Massage Machine is found. There is another skull near the pool with Wogpole to the west.
- The Final Trial: in a pipe, on a high place to the right of the starting point. There are three other pipes in the cliffs surrounding the arena where Emperor Bulblax is fought. Overall, there are fifty Bomb Rocks in this stage.
- It is suggested that Red Pikmin and Blue Pikmin could once carry bomb rocks along with the Yellow Pikmin in the original pikmin. Also, the bud textures for them show incorrect palletes for the pikmin. Red is now Orange and Blue is now Purple. Purple Pikmin actually do exist in Pikmin 2, which is more odd. There is a gallery below of all the textures. Also, there are miscolors in other things.
- In Pikmin 1, if a Yellow Pikmin has a bomb rock when it is called to the Onion, it will leave it on the pillar of light.