|Attack Strength||Average (10 Damage)|
|Carrying Capacity|| 1 unit|
Blue Pikmin are distinguishable from other Pikmin by their red mouths used to take in water which will filter oxygen through the gills located on their cheeks. Producing more can be done by returning pellets and carcasses to the Blue Onion or by using a Lapis Lazuli Candypop Bud.
Only they, Mushroom Pikmin (former Blue Pikmin), Bulbmin, and Winged Pikmin are the only pikmin able to safely traverse watery areas; any other color will only flail around in panic before drowning. They are able to perform any action in water that they can on land. If they are idle and see a nearby fellow Pikmin drowning in water, they will quickly run to them, pick them up, and throw them to shore. However, be sure to know when to call the Pikmin, and when to let the blues go for them, often whistling to them will suffice, but if they fell off a ledge, then the blues will carry them to the other, more shallow shore, which might be too far away for the drowning Pikmin to "swim". Blue Pikmin seem to have a well balanced attack power, durability, mobility and throw. Blue pikmin can now swim to their enemies when swarming in the water in Pikmin 3 as seen in this video.
Blue Pikmin are the last color of Pikmin discovered in all three games. In Pikmin, their Onion is found in the Forest Navel, and in Pikmin 2, 5 blues can be found near their Onion in Awakening Wood, near where the Radiation Canopy was in Pikmin, by the use of Yellow Pikmin. Yellow Pikmin are required to break down the electrified gate : throw them up onto the ledge from, then run around to whistle them. There is a Cloaking Burrow-nit buried outside of the arena that the Blue Pikmin reside in. In Pikmin 3, they are found in the Garden of Hope after finding Louie. You must use the Winged Pikmin to pull the Blue Onion from the ground. They are often considered the most useful Pikmin, especially in Pikmin, because they can go in water, which takes up a large amount of the terrain.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Blue Pikmin appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as kinds of Pikmin that Olimar can pull from the ground via Pikmin Pluck, his standard special move. They are the only Pikmin that don't drown in the water. Blue Pikmin have good mobility, throw, and durability compared to other types of Pikmin (Purple Pikmin are very durable, but lack mobility, and throw), and withstand water moves like Mario's F.L.U.D.D., or Squirtle's water gun. Olimar is most likely to pull up a Blue Pikmin if he is on a water-based surface, such as a cloud or ice.
Blue Pikmin also make an appearance as a trophy in the game:
"A type of Pikmin, which are curious creatures that follow and obey the person who picks them. If you take advantage of this trait, you can get them to help Capt. Olimar and Louie. The blue Pikmin are at home in water and cannot drown. Need to retrieve an object underwater or cross a water hazard to disarm a trap? Blue Pikmin are just the allies you need."
- In the 3DS app called "StreetPass Mii plaza" there is a game called Find Mii where you can unlock a Blue Pikmin hat for your StreetPass Mii.
- In the Beta for Pikmin, Blue Pikmin were the first Pikmin type you got.
- In the beta game's code for Pikmin, the Blue Pikmin, along with the Red Pikmin, could use bomb rocks. This was re-added in Pikmin 3.
- The Blue onion had a reboot up scene which was cut from the final game
- In Pikmin 3, Blue Pikmin are the very last type of Pikmin found, and appear very late in the game. The only instance in the entire game where they are required is to construct the ceramic pot in the Garden of Hope. However, there is an exploit that allows the player to bypass the pot's construction, therefore making it possible to beat Pikmin 3 without ever rescuing the Blue Onion.
|Red Pikmin | Yellow Pikmin | Blue Pikmin | Purple Pikmin | White Pikmin | Rock Pikmin | Winged Pikmin | Mushroom Pikmin | Bulbmin | Olimin | Sutera cordata|