Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A 9-day run is a play-through of Pikmin in which the player collects every part of the S.S. Dolphin in nine days. Few players are able to do this, as it is very difficult and requires extreme skill in managing the Pikmin. Many tricks are used in this run to help the players collect the parts faster, or in a different order. There are no limits on Pikmin deaths. It is possible to perform this run in conjunction with both 50-Pikmin- and zero-death-runs.
A 9 day run of Pikmin has the player spend two days in every area except for the Final Trial. The 9-day run was thought of as the shortest amount of time Pikmin could be cleared in, but that is no longer true, as a 6-day run has been discovered (with one day runs of every area but the Impact Site). 9 days, however, is yet the shortest time in which the 50-Pikmin run, or minimum Pikmin challenge, has been completed.
Different players may have slight differences in what they do on each day. Below is a general strategy outlining what to do on each day.
Day One (The Impact Site)
Day Two (The Forest of Hope)
- Discover and sprout at least 15 Yellow Pikmin
- Collect the Eternal Fuel Dynamo
- Collect the Whimsical Radar
- Collect the Extraordinary Bolt
- Collect the Nova Blaster and/or Shock Absorber
- Collect the Automatic Gear
- Discover Blue Pikmin
- Collect the Space Float
- Collect the #1 Ionium Jet
- Collect the Omega Stabilizer
- Collect the Gravity Jumper
Day Four (The Impact Site)
- Collect the Positron Generator
- Grow Pikmin
Day Five (The Forest of Hope)
- Collect the Shock Absorber and/or Nova Blaster
- Collect the Sagittarius
- Collect the Geiger Counter
- Collect the Radiation Canopy
- Collect the Analog Computer
- Collect the Libra
- Collect the Anti-Dioxin Filter
- Collect the Guard Satellite
Day Seven (The Distant Spring)
- Collect the Repair-Type Bolt
- Collect the Interstellar Radio
- Collect the Massage Machine
- Collect the Gluon Drive
Day Eight (The Distant Spring)
- Collect the UV Lamp
- Collect the Pilot's Seat
- Collect the Zirconium Rotor
- Collect the #2 Ionium Jet
- Collect the Chronos Reactor
- Collect the Bowsprit
Day Nine (The Final Trial)
The player spends two days in every area except for the Final Trial. It is advised that the player goes to the Distant Spring as late as possible so that enemies do not return to the area.